Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Method 8

I am very familiar with social networking. I've been a facebook user since 2007, and I've used Twitter for almost a year.  I have A LOT of privacy concerns regarding social networking, and I think it's a bit creepy that we inform everyone where we are, what we are wearing, share our baby pictures, etc.  That is why personally, I only share as much (or little) as I want and to who I want.  I don't like to combine my personal life and my work, so I try to keep my personal social network accounts from it.
Now, I can definitely see how libraries can benefit from these networks. I think it would be a good idea to have a Library Twitter account to make quick announcements and that way stay close to patrons, specialy younger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment