Thursday, February 10, 2011

Method 11

I couldn't hear any podcasts in my work computer because we are not able to download any programs, but at home, i use iTunes and now that I learned about podcasts i subscribed to a few. I think it's great being able to automatically download them when there's a new one, and listen to them on your own time.
In itunes, I discovered there's a podcast for every taste: news, sports, comedy, music, arts, business, education, health... the list is endless! There's also "vidcasts" that include tv series, movie trailers, etc.
I specially liked that under the "education" section of the itunes store, I found a lot of language learning podcasts, so Isee how i could use them in my next trip, instead of a boring old translation diccionary.
I subscribed to a few alternative music podcasts and I was surprised to learn that they include several complete songs for free! I also downloaded some vidcasts of some tv series that i've been looking forward to watch but haven't been able to because the chanels that broadcast them are not included in my cable subscription, but i haven't been able to see them, so i am not sure if they are complete episodes or teasers.
I can see how podcasts would be useful in the library, especially because i work in a school, it would be neat to have the students listen to something related to the classes that they are enrolled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment